Someone drilled a hole in my wallet and let all the money out...

6:44 PM

aka."The Longest Post Title I've Ever Written". Dentistry is a license to print money - I'm in the wrong profession. I got given a treatment plan today from my dentist. Okay so I went without treatment for 11 years so my kids could get the things they needed, but nothing prepared me for $2,500 worth of required dental work - and the wife's bill isn't much better. Rob's bill was over $400 today for a few fillings and a clean, and mine was $370 for a filling, a clean, and removal of my retainer which has been trapped on my lower teeth since high school (but that's another story). One things for certain, I came out dribbling, with strange feeling teeth, and a stranger feeling wallet. And this is only the first of 5 more visits - next visit I get the right upper wisdom tooth wrenched out followed by more fillings. Joy! At least dental technology has improved now to the point that they can put an injection in my mouth, and I can't feel the needle. That was a huge relief! But I can't understand why Medicare doesn't cover dental work at all - it's still part of my body. If i break a bone, that's covered, but get a tooth fixed that's not?? Go figure! I wonder if I can petition Coca Cola for some money, given my life-long addiction to Coke, and more recently the delightful Vanilla Coke, for the damage its done to my choppers? Works for the smokers...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook