Happy Eleventy First Birthday

9:43 AM

Well it's happened again - another birthday has rolled around. Its kind of sad when you get older that it's no longer a thing of excitement, but more quiet relief that I've survived another year and I'm still on the planet. I guess it's never a particularly happy time because I don't have my biological donors to share it with, and like Xmas it just rubs salt in old wounds. And I really miss my good friends from NZ - although I can't wait for Beagle to arrive in a couple of weeks. Rob and the kids were really great though, and it's the little things that get you through - Beeb ran out when I came home and threw his arms around me, "I love you Daddy". Makes all the difference!

We went out for dinner - not because it was Rob and my birthday's, but because my brother-in-law is visiting at the moment. He was supposed to be flying out on Friday after 6 weeks here while the hospital removed all the pins and brackets after they rebuilt his arm at Xmas. Unfortunately, he fell on the driveway on Wednesday and busted his arm along the screw holes in the bone, so now he's stuck for another 3 weeks. It was nice of Rosie to take us out, but I have to say Sams is a pretty shitty restaurant. Rob was pissed because she tried to order a drink, but they didn't make it, then they wouldn't take plastic, so she had to go get cash. Then she asked for orange juice, and got cruddy old packet cordial. Dinner was comical, you have to go up to order - there's minimal to no service at all, which is surprising considering it's not that cheap to eat there. Then they give you vouchers to get a drink, or desert. I tried to get a beer, but was only allowed the horrible old tap beer - it was nasty! So in short - don't eat there. We won't be going back. Should have gone to Leonardo's instead - much better!


We don't usually do presents, but I wanted to get Rob something, so I got her a cool little fry pan and some animal shaped cookie cutters that she'd been admiring. She gave me a box of Dwarf Rangers - she'll have no excuses for complaining about me painting now!

So that's it - 33 - now I have to work towards making 34.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook