Ludicrous Speed, Go!

2:30 PM

Last Monday was heart attack material. My counterpart at work unexpectedly resigned! Fortunately I'd had the meeting and received an offer of employment in Brisbane, but since I was planning to resign the same day, it accelerated the timetable greatly. I had to come in and resign the next day, which came as a shock to my manager. I've been horribly riddled with guilt over it, although I know I shouldn't be. I'm glad it's finally done now and out of the way, since I've been having trouble sleeping due to stressing about it. Now it's just a case of getting them to release me from my current contract. As per usual they're dragging their heels, and procrastinating on a decision.

I've already started meeting with clients as part of the new job, and I'm really excited to get started on it. I like a challenge, and the new people I'll be working with seem positive and excited about what they do. Makes a change from the sad losers I've been stuck with for the last 7 years - most of them can't be bothered to do any work, some don't even turn up. It'll be nice to feel excited about work again, and rewarding to accomplish something.

We barely survived Beagle's wedding last weekend. My feet are still aching after 14 hours of running around taking pictures, and running little errands. But it was all worth it, they had a fabulous day and Beagle just looked gorgeous. Also my family polished up pretty well too, and I felt extremely proud of them the whole day. Bev also did really well too with his speeches, and wrangling the respective families. We have 950 photos to sort through, retouch, and print now.

Our in-laws are over visiting at the moment. It's been great to see them so far, but I'm looking forward to getting our bed back. It's hard having other people in your personal space, you can't say or do what you want, and having to sleep in the kids beds is not comfortable.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook