The Geekfest continues

10:08 AM

Day 2 of Supanova was more of the same really, but quieter. I wasn't entirely surprised, Armageddon's usually the same too. Sunday is always quieter. Although it's good to see some of the same people from Saturday back again. Sold a few books today, but not very many sketches. I think either the Sunday crowd are more frugal, or most people have already blown their wad'o'cash on the Saturday. Still it was good to meet a lot of local artists, and I'm feeling more motivated than ever to produce my own material. Can't wait to see how the pages I did for the next Rally Mark look. Shame we couldn't get issue 9 in time for the con.

Despite our frugal situation, my fantastic wife allowed me to go and get some autographs. I felt I'd better go see Lou Ferrigno again since he was so fantastic and friendly the previous day. I sidled up with Olive in tow, and he showed me some more of his pug photos. I asked him if he'd hold Olive for a photo, and he endured intense licking from Olive while I took his photo. It's really great when guests turn out to be awesome friendly people. It was an unexpected plus to meet him, and I'll definitely treasure the memory. Then I went to see the astounding Michael Winslow. We'd been listening to his crazy sound effects over the PA during the day, and he turned out to be very friendly and gracious also. I got an autographed picture of him as the Radar Man from Spaceballs. I got the feeling he might have been slightly embarrassed by it, but I think he's awesome in Spaceballs. I also got him to sign my DVD, and I was so lucky that he did it for me. So two great guests! Couldn't be happier. They're going in my Hall of Fame along with the charming John Rhys-Davies, Anthony Montgomery, and George Takei. Didn't end up getting any comic art this time round. Arthur Suydam was just too expensive! But I guess when your a big name artist, you can command the big fees. Never mind, got to meet Stewart McKenny - his art was very impressive.

Oh thanks also to Daniel who runs the Supanova con. Not only was it a great con, but he stopped the security guards from throwing us out because of Olive. They weren't happy we had a dog in there, but most of the time she was in her box, or being carried with us. She wasn't running around on the floor ever AT ALL, and Daniel knew that. So thanks, mucho appreciation. Hope to be there again next year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook