Munchkins Run Amuck!

3:39 PM

I can't understand my children at the moment. They're a mystery unto me - a bit like women. For some reason they're both grossly misbehaving at school at the moment. Micky's lying like crazy as usual, but we caught her out the other night when her report arrived. She's slacking off as usual. It's disappointing, since she's not a stupid child, but tiring because you constantly have to push her, or force her to do stuff. She still won't use her brain for anything, and cruises along with the minimum of effort. It's quite frustrating, because she want's to be a Vet when she grows up, and I'd like to give her the opportunity, but she won't put in the work required to get there. Unfortunately we're in the process of applying for colleges to send Micky too, and she's pretty much screwed that up now. The low grades were disappointing enough, but the D for behaviour was a big shock! I have to give it to her, her quality of lying has improved. She's certainly getting more sophisticated at hiding what she's up to. Although we still ultimately catch her out - it's just a matter of time.

Beeb's acting out, being disruptive, and not doing his schoolwork. I had wondered if he was bored with what they are teaching. He's constantly coming home with new facts, so he's obviously listening to what's going on, but doesn't seem to be interested in focusing on doing the work. He was really good up until we decided to move. This coincided with Rob going overseas for awhile, and we started having problems and back to bed wetting again. I'd hoped he might have settled down and gotten over things by now. I think he's being bullied at school too, which might explain some of the acting out.

I'm going to go see their teachers and see what I can do about it. The suggestion has been made that they are moved to single desks by themselves so they cannot disrupt or muck around with the other kids. I'm inclined to agree with that. I had to play the 'complete bastard' role last night, and I banned Beeb from going to the school disco at the last minute. Instead he went to bed really early. Micky had to redo all her homework again last night. I hate having to screw the kids down hard, it makes me feel crappy when I come home from a hard, stressful day at work. I'll just have to suck it up, and soldier on. It's for their own good in the long run.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook