Ski your ass off

10:25 AM

Finally finished running around the place dropping stuff off. Only one more person left to visit now, so it's time for some play. Micky's gone out for a girly day with Beagle - apparently they're having pedicures. Meanwhile the boys are going to Snow Planet for an all-day snow-ganza of fun! The prices have really improved since I was last here and I can now get an all day pass (12pm till 10pm) and gear hire for $52 which is damned good (it costs as least $70 just for the pass on Whakapapa, and that's without driving all the way to Taupo, finding accomodation, petrol, food, gear hire!). The only minor hiccup in the plan was they'd changed the opening time from 10am to 12pm and we didn't realise. So we had to sit in the carpark for awhile. But once we got going it was awesome, and being middle of the week, it was pretty well deserted - there was maybe 20 people there the whole time we were there. I haven't been skiing in nearly a year, but it all came back pretty quickly. I only had one bad accident on the large ski jump - I stupidly took on the jump at full speed, then had a major panic attack when I got more air than expected. I came down quite badly on my arm, but luckily I only bruised the inside of my arm and elbow. I mastered the jumps by the end of the day, albeit a lower speed. Bev was taking on some of the easier rails, and we did the slalom once it was setup. After 5 and a half hours, we were pretty knackered. I paid the price for the next few days, rediscovering muscles I haven't seen in a long time - damn I was sore.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook