Superman Returns

2:22 PM

I know, don't nag me. I'm well behind everyone else in the world. Someone who hasn't seen Superman Returns?? It kinda came out about the same time that the whole moving country thing started, so I've been pretty busy. Anyway, I've finally got around to seeing it.

I enjoyed the movie, it was pretty good, and the effects were well done. My only real complaint with it is pretty much just a remake of the original film, although confusingly it references the earlier films. But the events that happen are much the same as the original film. I was reading the Birthright trade comic the other day, and it occured to me that it would have been a much more exciting and original film, if they had absorbed the storyline from Birthright. It could have been Superman returning to Earth, finding that Lex has raided the Fortress while he has been away and used the crystals knowledge to construct Kryptonian weapons. Then convinced the population that Earth is being invaded by forces from Krypton, turning the world against Superman. It's an awesome book, both for storyline and artwork, and would have been a really excellent movie. Especially since it features elements of Clark's alienation, and seeking his place in the world, similar to what was in the movie. I'm looking forward to the next film, and hoping that it'll be something new and fresh, kind of like how X-Men II was an improvement over the first one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook