Snakes! Why Did It Have To Be Snakes!

2:40 PM

Got the biggest fright yesterday. Micky found a snake outside the kitchen slithering around. Must have been nice weather for them, because this was the first of two that turned up during the day. Sure I can appreciate that it's coloration is pretty, but I hate snakes. It's the most hideous creature, and I can't stand it on any level whatsoever. Don't even like things that are snake-like: snake-necked turtles are also off my list of animals-i-like. Worst thing is it's so difficult to see, I'm worried I might stand on one outside now. This is a Yellow-Faced Eastern Whip Snake. It likes to live in long grass, forests, leaves, wood piles, and other detritus left about. It is venomous and especially dangerous to small children. Consequently the children have been told extensively to stay away from them and be extremely careful when outside. A couple of weeks previous this kind of snake killed an adult in Queensland. Beeb wanted to hand-feed it. He really worries me sometimes...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook