Wild Ride Through The Marshes

5:07 PM

We went out to the Boondall Wetlands today. I thought it would be easy for Beeb to ride since it's mostly flat. It was a really nice ride with lots of little bridges, and some gentle slopes. He did really well, and although it didn't really challenge us, it was still a nice bit of gentle exercise. There were a lot of cyclists down there, so it's obviously quite popular.

We spotted our first snake. Rob let out a scream in the carpark, and I thought she had some giant spider crawling over her body. I didn't realise that there was a snake crawling along the ground. It was a small grass snake - about 20cms long and about as thick as a pencil. Surprisingly enough I didn't freak out about it like I expected I would. It didn't seem to be very interested in us, and just slithered away into the bushes.

Before we went out we finally sorted out the garage, and have achieved some kind of order at last. We've got a little bit more room to move around now which is good, but we're going to have quite a bit of stuff packed in boxes for the moment. That's one of the worst things about moving - having to pack up your life and unpack it again. I was really disappointed to find my file server wasn't working this morning. I'm going to have to take it apart later and have a look at what's wrong. Hopefully it's just something cheap and simple to replace like the power supply - I really don't want the drives to be damaged.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook