International Man of Leisure

8:58 AM

We're going out to celebrate our achievements and hard work on our latest project today. It's really nice to finally work for someone that appreciates your efforts. I've never had a company treat me so well, even down to little things like checking that I'm doing okay. So I'm really looking forward to going out and socializing with my workmates (something pretty much unheard of in NZ), and then tomorrow is a long weekend for Easter. I'm hoping to squeeze in some mountain biking finally.

Rob finally got a job - she is now working with finding people apprenticeship's. She's very excited about the job, and I'm hoping that this will provide some challenge and room to grow in her life, instead of just dealing with daily stupidity like, who likes what boy at school, or who was playing with dog poo at lunchtime. I can understand why she goes a bit nuts at home with the kids sometimes, I had the same thing when she was away overseas last. Sometimes you just need to have some adult conversation.

Micky's triathlon is coming up soon. I took her down to the orientation for it the other day. It's going to be absolutely insane driving to the city, so we've decided we're going to take the train in instead. Shouldn't be a problem taking the bike on it since it's the weekend. Although lately people don't seem to be worrying about it much, and we're getting morons jamming their bikes into the carriages with the commuters during peak time. It's ridiculously cozy in there most of the time - people packed in tightly like sardines in a can.

Beeb is lacking focus at school, and the teacher is having a lot of trouble getting him to stay on task. Apparently he just wanders off and does his own thing. I wondered if he's bored, and they're not challenging him enough, since he comes home everyday with new facts that he's learned, so he's obviously taking things in. We're going to try to incentivize his performance now - Rob's holding a Lego Star Wars game that he wants, but he won't get it until he's earned enough stars on his chart at school.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook