Busy As A Hog In Mud

2:25 PM

Haven't written anything in here in awhile. I've been real busy. Rob has finally returned from her traveling, having outrun an exploding volcano and dealt to evil jungle robbers, she has returned recharged and ready to go. Consequently, things have now switched into high gear.

The house has gone on the market, after three days of solid puttying and repainting on my part. The forgotten bathroom is finally seeing some action, as Rob has somehow managed to shanghai a contractor to come do it. She's an amazing force to be reckoned with, and I have to pinch myself sometimes that I could be so lucky to share my life with such a wonderful person. I tried for two months to get a contractor to turn up and do it - she manages to get one the day after she came back! Flipside of that though, is that I'm now shackled to an angle grinder shaping tiles for the wall and floor in the bathroom.

At least we've had some interest from people already in the house, so hopefully it won't take too long to sell it. There's quite a lot of uncertainty about everything at the moment; trying to sell house, trying to get a new job, trying to leave old job. It's hard to know what to do when the timeline is constantly in flux. So I can't quit job without having a job to go too because need money to pay mortgage, but if house is sold no mortgage, so can quit job here and go over there and get job. Difficult!

The job front has been a bit of a trial so far. It's not that there aren't jobs available, but they're either tardy in getting back to you, or they don't advertise what they want properly, or they want you straight away and aren't prepared to wait. I've got a bit of a too'n'fro going on at the moment, and I might have to fly over for a couple of days to see some people. We'll see what happens! I'm starting to think it might just be easier to get something once I'm over there though.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook