Where I'm At

9:21 AM

I haven't written anything personal in a long time, mostly because I've just been too busy, but also because things have been in a lot of turmoil and it's been difficult to articulate everything. I'll have a go now.

We've finally moved into our new home, and it's wonderful finally having a space to call your own again, not living in each others pockets or other peoples. We've been working hard finishing things, setting things back up again, and getting things just right. The property has been particularly hard to tame, but with the right tools and some time I think we'll be able to make it manageable. The ride-on mower has been a huge help, and takes a lot of the drudge out of maintaining the property - sure you still have to get the slasher out sometimes, but at least it's not slashing away at the entire 4 acres anymore.

I am still pursuing my previous employer for my outstanding superannuation, leave entitlements, and final pay. It still really angers me the way the dismissed me for asking for my pay, and the way they still refuse to pay me what is rightfully mine. I'm not asking for anything that I'm not entitled too - just the $11,500 they owe. It's also disappointing that the Government aren't really interested in pursuing these people, so I'm waiting while the liquidator goes through the legal process. So far they've gone out of their way to be as difficult as possible, conveniently 'losing' their financial records etc. I have faith the liquidator will pursue them to the end though, so I'll just have to be patient.

I love my new job though. It's safe to say it's the best place I've ever worked so far - I really enjoy the people, the work, and being in the city. I'm a little sad at the moment, because nobody had their contracts renewed. But there is a little glimmer of hope, so it's not over yet. I've started working on Plan B anyway, and hopefully I'll be able to find something else I'll love just as much. At any rate, I've made some good friends, and hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with them.

Rob's gotten a great new opportunity, and has been working more hands-on with the construction sector. I know she's really enjoying the new challenges, and I'm really proud of her. The kids are still a bit of a mixed bag, but you just take each day as it comes. Doesn't seem like you can ever have them both behave at the same time, they seem to operate as a tag-team. Micky's growing up and doing the typical moody teenager thing. Beeb's still off in fantasy land, and seems to be more easily distracted lately - perhaps its just the age. He's getting better at baseball, and it's nice to see him involved in a group that treats him well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook