Lots to learn

9:26 AM

Been busy with a lot of learning lately - just finished a week long course on developing for Sharepoint. That's one definite advantage with the new job - they don't mind sending me on training. So i've been installing Visual Studio 2005 and trying to get the SDK for Sharepoint installed so I can start writing some web parts for some ongoing projects at work.

The house is coming along slowly, definitely not as fast as I would like it too. Unfortunately we've had a run of bad weather - figures, if we weren't building it would be 30° and hot, but because we're building it decides to hell with the drought, let's feck up their plans! So we're still squatting in the backroom of our inlaws.

I'm still managing to do some painting, and I'm feverishly trying to get stuff finished for the Golden Demon competition in September. I really want to enter something this year, and Beeb is painting some troops to enter too. Plus which, I'm not allowed to buy any more until I finish the ones I've got. Bummer I know! Especially with the new 5th Edition Rules I'm going to need some more ground troops to round out my Tau army. Beeb's doing pretty well with his, as he has a Tactical, Devastator, and shortly Assault squad ready to go. Micky destroyed her Tyranids, especially the Ravener that I was going to enter in the GD. I told her not to take them to school, but she stole it out of my cupboard and proceeded to destroy it by smuggling it out in her skirt. So I've taken control of those. The Ravener is going to need a bit of love and care to get it back into shape, especially since she managed to lose a set of rending claws from the figure. I've cannabalized a Genestealer for parts, so it'll be slightly different now, but at least it will have arms. The left over Genestealer body we converted into an objective marker, and it looks like it's crawling out of a pile of rubble to attack.

Rob's gotten a promotion to the job she's been wanting to do for ages. I'm so happy for her, and she seems more excited to go to work now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook