Tsunami Alert

2:34 PM

Bit stressed out yesterday. Apparently there'd been an earthquake centred on PNG yesterday morning - 6.7 on the Richter scale, with a 6.1 aftershock. Our friend's in NZ rang to let me know, because as usual if it ain't Australian, you don't hear about it here. (To be fair though, abc.net.au did have something in their foreign news later in the day). Then alerts have gone out, and they're evacuating people from some of the islands, because of tsunami potential. So this sends me into a panic, because I don't really want half my family wiped out in a tsunami. Of course, when I finally manage to get hold of Rob, she's wondering what all the fuss is about, because they haven't heard anything, and didn't really notice the earthquake. Typical! Everytime she goes up there, something happens - last time they were running from the volcano erupting. I really hate them going there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook