New Years Washout

1:03 PM

Well New Years was a gigantic washout. We've been trapped inside for the last week with 100kph winds, intermittent rain, and generally crappy weather. We were going to go the New Years Eve fireworks in the city, but by lunchtime it became pretty clear that wasn't going to happen. I can't believe they were stupid enough to hold out till minutes before the event to decide whether it was going to go ahead. It was pretty obvious the weather wasn't going to improve at all. So we stayed inside and watched 28 Days Later and A Sound of Thunder which I hadn't seen before. Later TV offered up The Beatles Help from 1964 - they must have been smoking some crazy weed when they made that film! At least it helped me get to sleep. I know we desperately need some rain to break the drought, but the continual gray bleakness, and being trapped indoors is giving me 'cabin fever'. I desperately need to get a change of scenery.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook