Gone to visit the Elves

7:42 PM

Rob's had to nip back to NZ for a few days to attend a funeral. Beagle's very close relative died, and Rob's gone to give her some support. It was a bit sad really - he'd been diagnosed with stomach cancer two weeks ago and given a year to live, he had just enough time to have a short holiday with his partner. When he came back he ruptured his bowel and died. Quite sad, but at least he isn't suffering any more now. Another friend's father also died on Friday - i'm not sure about the exact details yet, but he was being treated for prostate cancer so perhaps it had spread through his body. Our thoughts go out to her as well. It was really nice that Rob could go back to support Beag, and I wish I could have gone too.

Instead I'm here with the kids dealing with the everyday mundanities. Probably just as well, cos I've just had the flu - first time in over 7 months. It's been a real bugger of a germ, and everyone I know has had a dose at the moment. The sudden cold snap has probably bought it on - it's been damned freezing lately. I was quite surprised at the temperature change, since our inlaws have always raved about how warm and cozy it is in Queensland.

Didn't manage to get any scrub cutting done today (useless friggin cutter won't work - I'm going back for a 3rd one now). Instead I got some drawing done today, which was really good. I've been struggling to get in some time for art or painting, or anything lately. I'm hoping to get a story completed for October for the next edition of New Ground if I can. So I'm frantically trying to rip through another ORG story, and my contribution to Rally Mark. Crossed fingers!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook