Road To Nowhere

2:32 PM

Man I'm tired. Freakin exhausted, but I'm going to quickly jot down a few thoughts. I arrived in Brisbane today, and I'm preparing for the first day at the new job tomorrow. I've had a couple of power naps, made it out to the shops for supplies, and tried to learn to find my way around the area.

The flight over was tons of fun, okay it was a budget cattle-class flight so I shouldn't complain since it was cheap, but having a seat where your elbow to elbow with the next passenger, the jerk in front lowers his seat back into your lap, and you stationed right next to the toilet, so everyone keeps stopping by to press their ass or crotch against you is not fun. On the plus side however, the cabin crew for Pacific Blue provide excellent service, and keep the atmosphere light and fun. Definitely the high point of the flight.

The heat hasn't been too intolerable so far, mostly its been overcast and warm, but its comfortable. Probably just as well since the pool is out of commission. Ross shut off the pumps while they were away because he was worried they might get blocked and burnout, so we've come home to a solidly green pool, with a green slick on top - kind of like somebody pureed an orc into the pool. Ross lept into action, and its starting to improve, but its probably going to be a couple of days before it's swimmable again.

Lulu is gorgeous as always, but I think she is a little upset with Rosina because she left her at the kennel. She's been very quiet, and looking a bit mopey. That's okay though, because she comes to me for a bit of a cuddle - luckily she hasn't started humping me again though.

Kind of nervous about starting the new job tomorrow. It's scary because I don't know the area, what the building looks like, the people, the job or anything. It's a complete mystery. I just hope we're making the right decision by moving over here. It is all very different than what were used too. After 32 years in one country, I hope I'm not too old and set in my ways.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook