Lions, tigers, and bears...

2:03 PM

Took our visiting friend Bron and her kids to the Alma Park Zoo recently. Hadn't been there before. They were going to go to Australia Zoo, but dragging the kids around a massive zoo all day was not appealing, and it's quiet expensive, so we went here. It's a small zoo, but nicely set out in native bush. Fed the usual animals, kangaroos, deer etc. The kids got to touch a python, crocodile and koala. I couldn't bring myself to touch the snake, but the crocodile was interesting. I was surprised how warm the skin was. Personally I can't stand snakes, horrible looking creatures. Yet add some legs, and I'm fine with the various lizards. We got an ecology talk from the keepers about how we're destroying these critters home, so I felt good that we're going to reforest the land we've bought for the animals. Poor little buggers can come hide out at our place (as long as they've got legs).


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook