Too much

9:24 AM

Not having a lot of fun at the moment with the property. It's been too much work, and I get the feeling we've bitten off more than we can chew. There's just too much land to maintain without the right equipment. Rob was talking about getting a lawn mower the other day, but I think we need a tractor.

We've been through 4 sprayers so far trying to poison the weeds, 6 scrub cutters - incidentally, don't buy a Ryobi, they're crap! They don't start or run reliably at all. We've just had to spend $700 on an industrial Stihl scrub cutter, which has started first time, every time so far - big plus!. But can't help but wonder how long before we wear this out.

To add insult to injury, Rob got the ute jammed in the gully. I told her not to move it down, but she didn't want to listen to me. So I did it, and it got stuck. Cost us $50 to get it out with a tow truck. I guess the expense wasn't too bad, but frustrated that nobody ever listens to me. Got absolutely cooked too, outside most of the day in 30 degree heat.

Anytime we make any progress cutting down the lantana, grass, and weeds, as we move forward, it's growing back behind us. I'm starting to wonder if we should just sell the land. Also, I bought it thinking this was where we were going to stay, but already Rob's planning to move onto the next place. So I'm thinking what's the point of killing myself for something we may not even stay on anyway?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook