The Twelves Tasks of Hercules

4:27 PM

This job we're doing is such a bear. For the last three days, it's been highly repetitive, and I'm probably well on the way to developing a repetitive strain injury. I'm currently uploading data files into our new system, and it's so highly manual, and repetitive, and boring. I thought computers and automation was supposed to make our lives easier? The person that developed this system should be shot. When I'm finished with this I'm going to sit down and write a tool to do this. I had to upload the same two files to 16 different places today, and reenter all the information for those files 16 times. I ended up cutting and pasting a lot of the data, but I can't understand why we can't just put the files on the server, enter it once, and duplicate the entries in the database 16 times. It shouldn't be that difficult! What some companies have the cheek to pass off as finished software!? grrrr.....

On the plus side, the new system is vastly better than the old system, so once it's all setup and in place life should be a lot easier. Hopefully we'll have some time to sit down and improve it then. The software developers for the product are coming to see us next month. I'll have to make sure I have a list of wishes and complaints ready for them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook