Unemployment blows

12:10 PM

You know, you might think that having no work and effectively being on holiday would be fun. But it isn't. It's like holiday's without any fun, or prison time... Being stuck at home with no adult contact, unable to go anywhere because it costs too much money for petrol, and even if you did go somewhere you can't do anything because moneys an issue. In short it sucks!

About the only thing that is good is having time to work on little personal projects. It's giving me time to work on my art and my story ideas. Getting a bit of painting done too. But then there's the never ending housework which is a bit of a drag. I don't mind doing the jobs, but I think I could be doing better things with my time.

It's also pretty humiliating to lose your job. I can understand how my father must have felt when he was given the sack from the company he slaved at for 21 years. He also didn't get any severance. Makes me pretty angry that I was so patient and nice with the company I was working for. I don't know why I bothered giving them so many chances, since they were clearly just using me. I think a year and and almost a half's worth of aggravation, stress, ridiculous deadlines, late pays, no superannuation, and other crap would have bought me some decency and respect from my employers. Guess not! And then discovering that Australian law does not allow me to seek compensation for wrongful dismissal because the company is under 100 employees is absolutely ridiculous! Where's the motivation to want to work for a small company if you have no rights and your going to be treated like crap. Hell, I'm still pursuing them for lost entitlements and superannuation. So far they're ignoring my communications. Next job, I'm going to work for a large successful company that will look after me better than the sideshow I was at.

It's also pretty frustrating dealing with the apathy of employment agencies out there. You constantly have to chase them, and they don't seem to be all that interested in helping you out of your predicament. My wife is suggesting I start going door to door begging for a job. I'm holding out hope on the one job I've managed to interview for so far. The other one I was seriously keen on has retracted the position now until July which is a shame. I'm really hoping I'm not going to be still looking by July.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook