My little hobbit's growing up.

1:16 PM

Wow my little man is seven today. I can't believe it! It seems like only yesterday we bought him home, with tiny little fingers and toes. Time just flies by. Now it's almost hard to remember those times. We tell him the story on his birthday, how he decided he wanted out while we were playing Diablo II, the 125kph rush to the hospital from the coast. The long protracted all night labour, before he finally slithered out at high-speed on his bungy cord at 8:45am Saturday morning. All grey and mishapen, i briefly fretted about telling his mother that he was a boy (she'd wanted a girl up till then), and being kind of excited that I'd gotten a Klingon (his forehead was all ridged and lumpy after being squeezed outta there). Sometimes he's frustrating, but he's the best thing I've done with my life, and I love him a lot. He's my best little buddy, and I'm very lucky to have him. I hope we're both around to share a lot more birthdays.

FYI he got a Disgusting Science kit, a Lego Starfighter, a glider, and a shirt, bag, and hat (the clothing he was less excited about). Oh yes, and hermit crabs - they're doing well and Rob's finally stopped fretting over them. She woke me up at 1am the other night because she was worried they were cold!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook